Our Site offers qualified investors the opportunity to invest in real estate. However, we do not make recommendations regarding the appropriateness of particular opportunity for any particular investor. We are not investment advisers. Investors must make their own investment decisions, either alone or with their personal advisors.
Real estate can be risky and unpredictable. For example, many experienced, informed people lost money when the real estate market declined in 2007-8. Time has shown that the real estate market goes down without warning, sometimes resulting in significant losses. Some of the risks of investing in real estate include changing laws, including environmental laws; floods, fires, and other Acts of God, some of which can be uninsurable; changes in national or local economic conditions; changes in government policies, including changes in interest rates established by the Federal Reserve; and international crises. You should invest in real estate in general, and in the opportunities listed at the Site in particular, only if you can afford to lose your investment and are willing to live with the ups and downs of the real estate industry.
We may provide financial projections for some of the investment opportunities listed on the Site. All such financial projections are only estimates based on current conditions and current assumptions. The actual result of any investment is likely to be different than the original projection, often by a large amount. Neither we nor anyone else guaranties the results reflected in financial projections.
Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state agency has reviewed the investment opportunities listed on the Site.
Thank you for using the Site. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS
Personal Information We Collect
We collect a variety of personal information to operate the Site and provide the Service, including:
· Your name, address, phone number, email address, birth date, and other personal information.
· Financial information, including your social security number, income, and net worth.
· Copies of your tax returns, brokerage statements, W-2 forms, and other financial documents.
· Your user name and password.
· Information to confirm your identity, such as a completed electronic check transaction or a credit report.
· Your W-9 form.
· Information to confirm your place of residence.
· Information about your use of the Site.
· Information about your computer configuration.
· Information to confirm your relationship with other parties associated with the Site.
· Information about your bank accounts or other sources of payment.
· Your IP address.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
· Verify that you are permitted to use and invest through the Site.
· Keep track of your investments.
· Guard against fraud.
· Comply with applicable law.
· Answer your questions.
· Protect our rights.
· Send to third parties at your request.
· Process your transactions at the Site.
· Determine whether your computer information is compatible with the Site.
· Keep track of your use of the Site.
· Send you information about your investments.
· Notify you of other possible investments in which you might have an interest.
· Analyze use of the Site.
· Improve the Site.
· Send you information about the Site.
· Send you materials about us.
· Other purposes we disclose to you.
What We Provide To Third Parties
We do not provide any third party with any of your personal information except in these situations:
· We use third parties to perform services for the Site, such as hosting services, electronic signature providers, electronic payment service providers, and services that verify the qualification of investors. Each of these third parties will need some of your personal and/or financial information to perform their services.
· If you invest, we will identify you on tax returns and other government forms.
· We will provide information if we believe we are required to do so by law.
· If our company is sold, all information will be transferred to our successor.
· If you choose to participate in discussions or messages boards at the Site, other users will be able to see your name (but not any other personal information) and any other information you voluntarily provide to be seen.
We do not provide any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Notifications and Communications from Us
We will send you email notifications from time to time. For example, we may send you emails:
· To confirm your registration.
· To provide you with legal notices.
· To notify you of new investment opportunities.
· When the online profile you created is changed.
· To ask you to participate in surveys, or otherwise provide feedback.
· To confirm your investment in a project.
· To ask you for information.
You may also receive emails from third party providers.
Modifying and Deleting Information
To modify or delete your personal information, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
How We Protect Your Information
We have put in place systems designed to protect your personal information, including:
· We employ a secure channel, using Secure Sockets Layer encryption, the standard for secure Internet network connections, to protect information exchanged over the Internet between your web browser and our servers.
· We use automated tools to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload information, change information, or otherwise seek to gain unauthorized entry into our systems.
· We take additional steps to protect especially sensitive information.
· In general, we use the same level of data encryption that is used by banks.
Nevertheless, no security system is perfect. We cannot guaranty that your personal information will remain private.
We or our service providers (such as Google Analytics) may collect data related to your use of the Service, including which of our pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences. This data collection may be accomplished by using cookies, web beacons, page tags or similar electronic tools. Such web surfing data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Site. Web surfing data and similar information may be used for administrative purposes, to assess the usage, value, and performance of our online products and services, and to improve your experience with the Service. As with cookies, the web surfing information collected is aggregated, anonymous "click stream" and transactional data, and is not associated with any users as individuals.
If you would prefer not to see advertising based on your personal preferences, you can change your personal settings in Google (look for “Ad Settings”) or visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative located at:
Third Party Sites
You might navigate to websites maintained by third parties by clicking on a link from our Site. For example:
· We might require you to navigate to other Sites to process transactions or for other purposes.
· From time to time we might allow third parties place banner advertisements on our Site. When you click on a banner advertisement, you are transferred from our servers to the servers of the third party.
Aggregated, Non-Personal Information
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. The California Act requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personal information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The California Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled "California Customer Choice Notice." Please allow 30 days for a response. There is no charge.
Complaints and Suggestions
Please send your privacy-related complaints and suggestions to:
You can also send complaints to regulators. Please contact your state’s consumer protection authority.
Besorat Investments Series, LLC
Welcome to the Besorat Investments platform.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE
Summary of Service
This is an electronic platform where prospective investors can browse real estate investment opportunities and make investments from among those opportunities. Prospective investors can also participate in blogs and chat rooms, read educational materials, and take advantage of other features that we might add from time to time. We refer to what we do on the Site as the “Service.”
We refer to anyone who uses the Site, even just to browse, as a “User.” However, to access some features of the Site, you need to register and provide a password.
We refer to the images, text, and other content you see on the Site as “Content.” On some parts of the Site, Users can upload Content.
Acceptance of Terms; Changes in Terms
If you use the Site, even just to browse, you will be deemed to have consented to the terms of this Agreement. We may also ask you to indicate your consent more formally by checking a box or otherwise taking an affirmative action.
The Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service or any of its features at any time for any reason. The Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
To use the Site you must be at least 18 years old and of legal age in your jurisdiction to form a binding contract. If you are not, you must stop using the Site.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and/or change our eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
Except for the documents referenced in the preceding paragraph, there are no agreements or understandings concerning your use of the Site that are not reflected in this Agreement.
You may browse the Site without registering, but as a condition of using certain aspects of the Service, you may be required to register with the Company and select a screen name (“User ID”) and password. You promise to provide accurate, complete, and updated registration information. You shall not use as a User ID any name or term that (i) is the name of another person, with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) is subject to any rights of another person, without appropriate authorization; or (iii) is offensive, vulgar, or obscene. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse registration of or cancel a User ID.
You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password for the Site. We will treat anyone who uses your User ID and password as "you" for all purposes, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of the person using your password. You will never allow any other person to use your account, nor will you use the account of any other User. You will immediately notify the Company in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other known account-related security breach.
You consent to receive from the Company all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Services electronically. The Company may provide the electronic notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Services.
Use of Site
You will use the Site only for the purpose for which it was intended, i.e., to browse investment opportunities. You will not use the Site for any other purpose, whether personal or commercial. The Service is provided only for your own personal, non-commercial use, except as otherwise provided. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service.
Code of Conduct
You will not:
· Upload, email, or otherwise transmit any images or other Content that are unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invade the privacy of any third party, contain nudity or pornography, or are otherwise objectionable.
· Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, personally identifiable information, or other materials that reveal personal, private, or sensitive information about another person, without that person's consent.
· Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
· Post Content that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
· Infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
· Transmit materials that contain any viruses or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
· Use the Service to artificially generate traffic or page links.
· Use the Service in a manner that breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Use the Site in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site, such as through sending "spam" email.
· Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through "hacking," "data harvesting," or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Site.
· Use the Site to violate any law, statute, or regulation (including, without limitation, those governing securities regulation, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising) or for any other unlawful purpose.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Our Obligation to Enforce Code of Conduct
We will enforce the Code of Conduct described above wherever we become aware of violations and deem enforcement to be necessary. However, we do not necessarily monitor the Site for violations and are not liable for any harm or damages caused to Users by another User’s violation of the Code of Conduct. If you believe the Code of Conduct is being violated, please contact us.
Our Right to Monitor
We may monitor your use of the Site, including email, and other Content you transmit through the Site, (ii) remove, edit, or refuse to post Content, (iii) restrict access from certain websites or other resources, and (iv) take any other actions we deem necessary in our sole discretion to protect our community of Users and our resources. You cannot expect that communications through the Site will remain private from us.
Our Right to Terminate Use
Our Site offers qualified investors the opportunity to invest in real estate. However, we do not make recommendations regarding the appropriateness of any particular opportunity for any particular investor. We are not investment advisers. Investors must make their own investment decisions, either alone or with their personal advisors.
Investing in real estate is risky and unpredictable. You should invest in opportunities listed at the Site only if you can afford to lose your investment and are willing to live with the ups and downs of the real estate industry.
We may provide financial projections for some of the investment opportunities listed on the Site. All these financial projections are only estimates based on current conditions and current assumptions. The actual result of any investment is likely to be different than the original projection, often by a large amount. Neither we nor anyone else guaranties the results reflected in financial projections.
Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state agency has reviewed the investment opportunities listed on the Site.
Tracking Visits and Use
You will not disparage the Company, the Site, or any other User.
You submit Content (such as by posting on blogs or discussion boards) subject to the following rules:
· You grant to us and other Users a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license, under your intellectual property rights, to copy, reformat, index, modify, display, distribute and put to commercial and other uses your Content, and to sublicense the same rights to others, with or without compensation. No compensation will be paid to you for any such use.
· Your privacy is not protected with respect to any Content you submit, including your name, address, photographs, etc. We cannot guaranty that that other Users will use your Content in an appropriate or fair manner, or in a manner otherwise anticipated by you. Please use caution.
· You will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party caused by your Content.
· If you suggest improvements to the Site or our business, we may use your suggestions without acknowledging that they came from you or paying you for them.
· The Company reserves the right, at any time, for any reason, and without notice, to block, remove, edit, or modify any Content you submit. The Company reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
Ownership of Intellectual Property
The Company owns or has the legal right to use all of the intellectual property associated with the Site and the Services. This includes, but is not limited to, our name, our trademarks and copyrights, the design of the Site, our trade secrets, our business methods, any artwork, text, video, photographs, or audio used on the Site, and our logos, tag lines, and trade dress.
You have no interest in any of this intellectual property, other than the right (which we may terminate or suspend) to use the Site and the Services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You shall not duplicate, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or exploit our intellectual property in any way.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the Company has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating User accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. The Company also may terminate User accounts even based on a single infringement.
Your Duty of Confidentiality
The term “Confidential Information” means information (i) that is designated as “Confidential” or "Proprietary" at the time of disclosure or within a reasonable period thereafter, (ii) that is only available to Users who have registered at the Site, or (iii) a reasonable person would understand to be Confidential.
Confidential Information includes:
· Our business policies and practices, strategic plans, pricing, financial information and projections, marketing information and strategies;
· The names of Users of the Site;
· Information relating to projects listed on the Site, including but not limited to financial projections, project details, and the names of project sponsors, borrowers, and investors; and
· Information received from third parties that we are obligated to treat as confidential.
You shall keep all Confidential Information in confidence, and not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than as contemplated by the Site. You will use at least the same degree of care in safeguarding Confidential Information as you use in safeguarding your own confidential information and trade secrets, such as your social security number and secret business plans.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, you may disclose Confidential Information if you are required to do so by legal process, provided that you promptly notify us in advance so we can seek a protective order or other relief.
Your Duty of Non-Solicitation
During the period that begins on the first date you use the Site and ends two years after the last time you browse or use the Site:
· You will not contact any employees of the Company or its affiliates in an effort to hire them yourself, or to persuade them to work for someone else or to terminate their employment by the Company.
· You will not contact any other Users in an effort to persuade them to use any competitive site, or to invest in any real estate projects other than those listed on the Site, or to stop using the Site.
To use the Services, you may be required to visit other websites, include WealthForge. In addition, the Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site.
When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under the Company's control, and you acknowledge that the Company is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources. The inclusion on another website of any link to the Site does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with the Company. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource, or for any breaches of your personal information that occur through such third-party websites.
The Company will remove infringing materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if properly notified that Content infringes copyright. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify the Company's copyright agent in writing. Your notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information):
· An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
· A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
· A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for the Company to locate the material;
· Your address, telephone number, and email address;
· A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please notify the Company’s copyright agent in writing. Your counter-notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3), for more information):
· A physical or electronic signature of the user of the Services;
· Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
· A statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
· The subscriber's name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subscriber (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Under the Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If you fail to comply with these notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid.
Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
Alexix Arena, Esq.
1835 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 279-9908 t
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
Without limiting the preceding paragraph, the Company, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that (i) the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (iv) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18 USC §2701-2711): THE COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. The Company will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on the Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Although we will try to protect the privacy of the information you provide to us, we cannot guaranty that our systems will not be breached, just as the systems of large retailers, banks, and even governmental agencies have been breached.
In addition, to when you use our Services you might be required or permitted to visit other websites. We take no responsibility for the security of their systems. See “Third Party Sites” above.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Your Disputes with Other Users
You will not include us in any dispute you have with another User.
You may not assign any part of your interest in this Agreement, or transfer your User account to another person.
The Company may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that the Company and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Company or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
You agree that:
· Any claim we may have against you arising out of your activities with respect to the Site, other than Excluded Claims (as defined below), shall similarly be resolved exclusively by arbitration.
· This arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA ("Rules and Procedures") (available at http://www.adr.org).
· The arbitration shall be held in Baltimore, Maryland or at another location that you and we select by mutual agreement.
· There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator is authorized to decide only your or our individual claims; and he or she shall not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated (the "Individual-Claims-Only Requirement").
The term “Excluded Claims” means:
· A claim where we allege that you have infringed upon our intellectual property or the intellectual property of any third party.
· Claims arising from your investment in a specific project.
· Claims explicitly covered by another agreement.
· Claims between you and another User.
· Any claim of any nature, if the Individual-Claims-Only Requirement is determined to be invalid.
Excluded Claims may be subject to arbitration if, and only if, a separate agreement so provides. Otherwise, Excluded Claims shall be adjudicated through the court system.
Survival of Terms
This Agreement shall continue to apply even if you are no longer a User.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced, provided that each party can obtain substantially all of the benefits contemplated initially. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our rights with respect to subsequent breaches.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, the Site, or the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.